Support the Store Manager in the overall performance of the Store by maximizing sales potential, developing Store Associates and controlling expenses and shrinkage.
Must be at least 21 years of age (Exceptions must have Regional Sales Manager & Human Resource approval).
Guaranteed 32 to 35 hours a week.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Store manager in coordinating Store activities in order to achieve Store sales plan and profit.
- Provide leadership and support to the Store Associates in order to ensure that all aspects of Guest service are being provided.
- Effectively merchandise, sign and price Store in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Train and mentor Sales Associates using company programs in order to achieve company standards.
- Participate in counseling and coaching.
- Manage loss prevention techniques in order to reduce shrinkage.
- Assist Manager in completing all sales, personnel and inventory paperwork.
- Back up to the Store manager in the absence of the manager.
Education / Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and one to two years supervisory experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Ability to understand Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to operate POS system.
Other skills and Abilities: Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to dress in a costume during the Halloween season and/or during a marketing promotion as necessary.