Southgate Mall Marketing Intern
Objective for the intern will include planning, implementing, and executing (in partnership with Marketing Director). Interns will experience first-hand the fast-paced world of program development and delivery in a mall setting. This academic year program will teach interns the responsibilities required of a marketing/events professional as well as the culture, mission, vision and values of Washington Prime Group.
Areas of Responsibility
• Assist event staff with planning and execution of events including set up/tear down
• Assist with planning phases of programs including event logistics and execution.
• Complete promotional recaps that include copies of all event advertising to send out to clients.
• Research potential event partners and sponsors for annual events.
• Provide creative ideas to make Southgate Mall events unique and attractive to draw new customers.
• Survey event participants to find best advertising/promotion medium.
• Assist with organization of event video and photo archives.
• Maintain portions of the Southgate Mall Website including adding tenant sales, events and job postings.
• Create online/digital marketing content
• Participate in team brainstorms and company meetings
• Participate in weekly meetings or conference calls with marketing team to review event outcomes and prepare for upcoming events.
• Due to the company's team focus, you may be asked to help out in other areas, performing other duties as assigned.
• Regular, predictable attendance
• Ability to work in stressful environment
• Ability to work peacefully with co-workers
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
• Applicants must be a College Senior pursuing a degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing, PR, Communications, or other relevant degree.
• Washington Prime Group requires a background check.
• Experience in event planning and execution. Experience can include internships and extracurricular activities/events.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a strong desire and ability to work with children, and a willingness to learn.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft software applications and have above-average communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate effective conflict resolution and customer service skills for interaction with customers, tenants, and co-workers
• Strong working knowledge of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
• He or she must also be able to multitask, think outside the box, demonstrate initiative, think on their feet and troubleshoot problems.
• Ability to perform physical tasks such as pulling pallets, walking extensively, moving boxes, etc.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
How to Apply