- Drives and delivers operating plans, including sales, profitability and management and employee turnover targets.
- Manages bakery controllable profit through prudent management of sales and operating costs.
- Maintains an understanding of basic accounting processes (P&L, cash flow, operating profit, accounts payable/receivable, etc.) and their impact on the bakery.
- Operates and maintains bakery against Critical Few and full field review standards.
- Responsible for responding to Guest complaints to achieve satisfactory resolutions.
- Manages and troubleshoots equipment repairs and related paperwork by following company standards for reporting maintenance problems.
- Deploys marketing programs, including the display of POP marketing/merchandising materials and corresponding training of employees.
- Proactively seeks local store marketing opportunities, contacting various organizations in the community for sales opportunities.
- Drives product quality via the PACE system, taking corrective action when necessary to ensure quality.
Areas of Responsibility
- Creates a fun/challenging environment, driving monthly/quarterly communication and involvement of all employees by celebrating successes, rewarding positive performance, and providing leadership/direction for improved results.
- Directs training processes and procedures for all employees and follows up to ensure thorough execution of training standards.
- Executes detailed and timely Orientations for new employees.
- Supports and directs employees by coaching, counseling and teaching to accomplish tasks and remove barriers to performance satisfaction.
- Follows and holds bakery employees accountable for exhibiting the standards for conducting business in a legal and ethical manner, obeying policies and laws related to business and employment law.
- Ensures employee files and payroll records are accurate complete as per company standards.
- Complies with OSHA and/or other agencies and ensures a clean and safe bakery environment at all times as defined by operational standards in the Operations Manual.
- Follows company cash control policy and security policy.
- Manages back office administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurately reports and reconciles employee and management payroll.
- Maintains up to date menu pricing, cashier codes, etc. as part of the POS system.
- Takes personal responsibility for action, follow-up, and completion of goals, projects and other initiatives.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Associates degree and/or two to three years management experience in a food service and/or retail environment. Bakery experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to positively effect sales and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to select, retain and develop employees/management.
- Solid working knowledge and troubleshooting skills related to the management of various financial statements/reports.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. back office systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, climb, sit, stand, walk, push/pull handle objects (manual dexterity), and reach above shoulder level.
- Ability to communicate with Guests and employees.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb. Bags or pull 35 lb. Batches of dough from mixer.
- Ability to work in a warm environment (ovens) and react to buzzers and timers.
- Ability to climb ladders and bend at the waist to clean equipment.
- Ability to use hands, arms, shoulders and back to produce rolls for up to 4-hour periods.
- Ability to work around industrial strength cleaners.
- Ability to weigh and measure baking products.
- Ability to stand for up to 4 hours without a break.
- Ability to operate the mixer.
How to Apply
Email Resume to: email@example.com (Attn: Jeff)